Developing for Clover
- Brand powerWe’re one of the most recognizable names in the point-of-sale space—and the fastest growing. We build powerful, intuitive tools for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Robust open platformThe Clover developer community spans the globe and operates via our dynamic, open platform.
- We’ve got your backWe’re backed by Fiserv, one of the world’s top financial services technology companies.
How it works
- Our processIt’s simple. You create a developer account, check out our docs and APIs, and build a killer app. Submission is easy—upload your app, we review, you make any changes needed, we approve, and you hit the publish button.
- Revenue shareApp royalties are 70%, on par with the mainstream app stores. To put that into perspective, we’ve disbursed close to $8 million in earnings to our developers to date.
- Awesome dev toolsWe’ve got a pretty robust toolbox. SDKs, APIs, and dev kits. APK management tools, release groups for staged rollouts, and approval status trackers. You also get robust reporting metrics like app installs, revenue statements, and charge histories.
Meet our merchants
- Who they areOur merchants are small and medium-size businesses of all kinds, from restaurant to service to retail.
- Make a differenceWhether it’s payroll or productivity, sales or scheduling, your app can make a real difference for a business owner.
- The numbers are realReach hundreds of thousands of merchants through our app marketplace.
- Not just a numberOur developers are more than just developers. They’re partners and collaborators.
- Get featuredWe regularly feature apps that are well-suited for our merchants. Yours could be one of them!
- We build relationshipsWe don’t just do technical support. We listen and we respond. And, you could get your very own dedicated business account manager.
Check out these areas ripe with opportunity. Merchants in these industries would benefit from customized tools to help them with everything from inventory management and employee scheduling to sales taxes and online ordering.
Auto mechanics, body shops, and dealerships
Taxi & shuttle companies and related services
Merchants in this industry include… well, valet services
Sport & Fitness
24-hour gyms, fitness brands, and related sports retailers
Like golfing? So do these businesses!
Consignment shops and related services